Purple cabbage Thoran
Purple cabbage Thoran| Tips: 1. You can use onion instead of shallots. But to get the real taste, I always prefer shallots. 2. Do not overcook the cabbage. If you overcook the cabbage, you won’t get right consistency and the crunchiness.
- 1. Cabbage(grated) 2 Cups
- 2. Shallots sliced 10 Nos
- 3. Green Chilly (slit) 3 Nos
- 4. Coconut(grated) 1/2 Cups
- 5. Turmeric Powder 2 Teaspoons
- 6. Cumin Seeds 1/2 Teaspoons
- 7. Garlic cloves 2 Nos
- 8. Curry Leaves 1 sprigs
- 9. Mustard Seeds 1/2 Teaspoons
- 10. Salt some To Taste
- 11. Coconut Oil 1 Tablespoons
2. Crush together grated coconut, turmeric powder, cumin seeds, garlic and 2 nos of shallots. ( if you are using mixer grinder, just pulse two or three times).
3. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds an allow them to splutter.
4. Add sliced shallots, green chilli and curry leaves and saut? for two minutes.
5. Add the grated cabbage, salt and mix well. Cook uncovered on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add crushed coconut mixture and mix well. Cook further for 2 mints and remove from the heat.